06-01-2022, 09:29 AM   #502
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
See my earlier post. I am convinced that Verstappen lobbied to keep Perez on board as his wingman. They both get along very well and Verstappen is - from what I heard - known to be loyal to return favors. A good relationship between team mates is beneficial for the whole team.

"Analysis: Why Red Bull and Sergio Perez extended their marriage until the end of 2024":
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...2EWIQtYrk.html
Agreed

In my opinion, Perez is the best driver on the grid (at the moment) to pair with Verstappen.

Not only is he a phenomenal teammate but he's not far off his pace and at this point I think Ferrari has almost no chance of winning the constructors. Verstappen is obviously very grateful for Checo's contribution to helping him become the WDC and I don't think there will be bad blood between the two even if WDC starts getting close. We know that Max will out race anyone on the grid but if Checo can outpace Max on a specific track - I really doubt Verstappen will be angry about him winning. Plus Checo is a mature family man and probably an excellent example to Max.

Not extending Checo would be one of the dumbest decisions RBR can make. They have everything they need to be a WCC/WDC team.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11122.50
M5Rick61858.50