View Single Post
      03-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #24
BrindledSaddle
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB S560 4M as Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Your car has been sitting in Order Received status since LAST JULY???

What does BMW have to say about that?
That is correct. The B7 was ordered in early July 2021, right after the holidays. I was told that it would go into production in August/September, I could expect delivery by Christmas or beginning of 2022. September 2021 went and passed with no news so I called BMWNA multiple times only to find out that it was scheduled for week 4 (2022). The genius phone operators chimed... why is your production pushed back into next year.. it's really strange. But no one had any answers and would be willing to help me find out what was going on.

Dealership begrudingly admitted that it was delayed to week 4. Although I was upset, I tried to be understanding...

By October, with no updates from the dealership despite me asking them to keep me informed... I began calling BMWNA and found out that it was delayed again, this time to week 12, but no reason was given by the multiple BMWNA/Genius number operators. Some even remarked they've never seen anything like it but didn't know how to help. In the meantime, the dealership remained silent.

Frustrated, I call BMWNA/Genius multiple times to try to understand what is going on, but get operators who are unable or unwilling to help me at all.

Eventually, I am able to connect to BMWNA/Genius operator who is actually helpful and they make a few calls for me... She relays to me that there was a unavailable part, delaying production repeatedly as the supplier kept missing deadlines. It was beyond frustrating I have to call multiple times to try to get the right operator who is willing to help. I suspect it might be an Alpina specific part, given that I've heard of numerous other 750/740s being built and delivered without experiencing the type of delays I had.

Resigned to Week 12 production, I waited until January to call BMWNA for an update again. It's now delayed to June (2022) production. At this point, I might as well be talking to Western European politicians who sweet talk and do very little. I know darn well that the production end date for the G12 is in June and that there is very little chance for the car to be built.

Beyond angry, I called the dealership to cancel the order. They panicked and sent a few emails to their Alpina contact and the order was moved up by 4 weeks to May production and that is where it sits.

I have never been so frustrated as I have with this ordeal. Given the war in Europe, I am guessing the vehicle will not go into production at all and the line will get retooled for the G70 with the silly lack-ury interior, which I will not buy.

It was to be my first BMW (Alpina)..but given thow this has unfurled, I won't be driving a BMW, and it will stay that way. Seriously kicking myself for choosing BMW over the W12 Flying Spur.

Last edited by BrindledSaddle; 03-09-2022 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0