05-08-2020, 01:29 PM   #71
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Thank you. I just want to add that if my employer "requires" me to wear a mask at work or a building/company requires me to wear one, I absolutely will. I'm not going to rock the boat. While I feel it is misguided and isn't founded in proven science, it is the employer's and business' choice to do that. If the face mask is a recommendation, I'm likely not going to do it.

I'm tired of hearing government leaders, news casters, and so-called experts etc. preach to me that masks absolutely work.
If you're going to tell me I must do something, then you're going to need to show me the data to justify your position. The CDC has totally dropped the ball, they're largely clueless (somewhat thanks to the Trump administration), and also in bed with industry (same goes for FDA). I cautiously pay attention to their recommendations. I trust the WHO way more than the CDC as they are a group of global medical professionals with far less affected by lobbying and political "input".

I am not conspiracy theorist or anti-government type of person, but how easily people are going along with this mask thing and not asking questions and worse, becoming very ok with potential government tracking measures, is a bit disturbing. As I tell my clients: Trust, but verify.
What's grinding my gears right now are the folks in public with the epidemiology degrees from CNN hopping up on their soap boxes and lecturing anyone with ears that aren't securing fabric to their faces. I had an administrative employee at a facility I was visiting get on my ass saying, "you're the person that is trying to kill me. Murderer!" All of this because I wasn't wearing a mask in front of her in an area that does not require PPE (but I was never any closer than 30 feet to her or anyone else in that area). Little did she know I was in full Tyvek and N95 just minutes prior in the active covid portion of the hospital helping save the folks. But you keep saving the world, Karen. I'm sure that cotton thing you made in your basement and have worn everywhere and anywhere for the past seven days straight without cleaning is SO safe
Appreciate 2
Hawkeye2069.50