View Single Post
      12-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #17
eseres
Rep
Drives: 2016 F20 LCI

No one,

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I had had a hard copy of that already and, as you said, there seems to be no information about the number of LEDs in the headlights.

As far as cost reduction, that is very feasible, I agree. I am not sure though why they don't offer it as an option for those who are willing to pay the premium for a more advanced system. Maybe they had done the math and figured the R&D cost would not be worth it to even offer the option. They could at least offer Xenons, however. Here, the options are halogens, LEDs and Adaptive LEDs. That is all.

I am still hopeful though that jaze55 is onto something with the 14 vs. 8 LED count between the M140 and the non-M. If the M140 indeed has 14 LEDs in whatever configuration, maybe it would be possible to purchase the units and retrofit the non-M cars. I would be more than happy to pay for it. Even if they are only available in Australia, I would probably find a way to get a pair.

ch3f,

The inner lights are actually just design elements on the non-M140s, there is no light bulb/LED or anything in them. I wonder if the M140s maybe do have LEDs in the inner eyes, too... Or if they indeed have 14 LEDs, are they all in the outer ones or...?

Thanks guys,
Erik
Appreciate 0