View Single Post
      08-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #97
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Yeah. When I got my 848, I was wondering if there was something wrong with the starter system. The thing cranked over so slowly I didn't think it would fire up. Replacing the Yuasa lead acid battery to a lighter more CCA Li based battery pretty much solved it. But my 04 ZX-10R still cranks over strongly since the day I bought with the run of the mill lead acid battery I have in it.
When I rode I had a good friend with a 749 dark. I would always invite him out for rides. My other friend Bob had an old 900SS, I had my trusty 600RR. Literally three times in a row we showed up to pick up Jason and the 749 dark wouldn't start. We'd wait for about 30 minutes before giving up and leaving Jason behind. We'd ride for a couple of hours, then head home. When I got home, I'd get a message from Jason saying his bike started shortly after we left. That bike was a total dung pile and he sold it shortly thereafter.

Fast forward two years, I moved to Florida and made friends with a guy with a 999. Same story, bike would occasionally not start. One time we were at the track, and his bike wouldn't start for the entire day on Saturday. Sunday morning arrives, bike starts up on the first try.
Appreciate 0