View Single Post
      12-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #103
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO_1M View Post
So you guys are saying the i8 can be in the same league as the R8 and AMG GTS? Lol. Only in price and exclusivity maybe. If I remember correctly the i8 lost in a quarter mile to the Macan turbo S.

By "rival" I meant in performance which the i8 is nowhere near those other 2.

Bmw could use the i8 as the basis of it with say an s63tu and battery motor, some nice suspension, brakes, cup 2 tires like all the fancy high end cars get and vuala it would probably destroy the other 2. Call it the i8M ?. Too bad it's been stated that i division and M division will never cross swords
Why are you comparing a sports car that has an unmatched philosophy against a High performance SUV?
The i8 is possibly the worlds most unique car at the same price. Its unique philosophy can only be found in multi-million dollar or euro sports cars at the plus end of the market.it also offers more physically from construction and individuality from similar priced sports cars.
Comparisons of the BMW i8 against sports cars like the AMG GT or Audis R8 or even the Tesla Model S warrant only one thing. The publication or tester is clueless.