View Single Post
      11-05-2015, 02:22 AM   #1
LukeS1994
Canada
Rep
Drives: F20 116i MSport 2013

F20 steering wheel advice?

Hi guys I'm new to this forum but I'm quite experienced coding with esys.

I have some questions I've got an f20 2013 msport with what I would call the old style MSport steering wheel.

I've ordered the new type with the airbag off eBay, the reason for this is my old f10 had the new type and there's more places to grip the wheel, also I wanted the speed limiting function bag it's literally a drivers license saver as cruise control without an brake detect function is pretty much useless with traffic in this country, and I've noticed that on this wheel it has cruise control and the limit button on the left hand side. Can this be coded on?

I would also like some reassurance on fitting the wheel there is a great YouTube video showing you how to do it. All I'm worried about is the airbag going off or the alarm when I disconnect the battery.

My questions are is the steering wheel plug and play?
Can I code the limiter button into esys so it works?
What is the safest way to disconnect the battery without disrupting any of the electronics or setting the alarm off etc?
What is the safest way of fitting the wheel dealing with the airbag?
Also how easy is it to swap the airbag from old to new as I might send this one back and get the one without airbag?

I'm sorry it's just I don't want an airbag to go off because I've been negligent.

Ive attached a photo of the wheel, it's coming sometime this week and I plan on doing this at the weekend then selling my old msport wheel with airbag on eBay if all well.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0