06-23-2015, 03:24 AM   #36
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
In my opinion, Eco Pro is marvellous, brilliant in fact....it takes all the economy oriented, dynamics inhibiting, freude am fahren (joy of driving) limiting, reasons-for-buying-the-car destroying set points and collects them all together into a single button push that you can assiduously avoid using for the lifetime of the car.

At best Eco Pro will save you a couple of miles per gallon, while frustrating the hell out you by providing all the dynamics of a 1996 518 with worn piston rings and leaking valves.

In Eco Pro you essentially waste the £25 - £38,000 you spent on your car in order to save 1/10,000th of that at each visit to the fuel pump.

Driving 10,000 miles per year, a 5mpg improvement will net you about £150 p.a savings or 0.5% of the average purchase price. Eco Pro literally ruins the responsiveness of a BMW and is there to fulfil government rules and regulations. Eco Pro completely negates the reason for buying a BMW. As I said at the beginning, what makes it brilliant is that all those performance destroying set points are collected together in 1 button that you don't need push....leaving the rest of the car's performance pristine and a joy to use
Agree.

I cannot believe how paranoid are some people over saving a miserable dollar with a miserable preforming car in Eco Pro.