View Single Post
      01-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
bazm135i
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2014 White BMW M135i 5dr

2014 M135i with 17x7.5" et34 X1 steel wheels and 215/45/17 Nokian WR A3 winter tyres

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and the proud owner of a white 2014 F20 BMW M135i 5dr. I recently bought a wheel/winter tyre package based on all the information I was able to gather from this forum. So to say thanks for your help here are some pics of my winter set up.

Have to say I am very impressed with how the tyres have performed in snow, ice and slush so far. Road noise isn't an issue either. This is the first set of winters I have purchased and won't be the last. The difference in the way the car handles is night and day, feel like I can travel anywhere in my 1er in any weather conditions without worry now.

I decided not to purchase the 4 x tyre pressure/temperature sensors for my steel wheels. The result....whenever I start the car I hear an audible alarm and a message appears on the screen, once the message is ok'd the normal screen resumes and a small yellow exclamation mark appears in brackets on the dash. I don't find this as annoying as some people have mentioned and I'm happy to put up with this every time I start my car until my summer wheels go back on.

I purchased the wheels and tyres from Oponeo and they arrived by Dpd courier within given time. The whole lot costing £550 including delivery, a whole lot cheaper than BMW winter wheel/tyre packages! I then had them fitted and balanced at my local Kwikfit.

So hope you like the pics that show me testing out the winters in snowy conditions - which the car handled with ease by the way! If you have any questions give me a shout
Attached Images

Appreciate 1