View Single Post
      01-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #16
RMech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
I am wondering why you guys did not buy a 125i or a 135i if you about more performance out of your cars.
I gather there must be a valid reason.
Is there a Hugh price difference between these models or do the 125i and 135i attract higher on road costs or taxes and that prohibits them.
My decisions was all about bang for your buck. I've read lots about it on the forums, where lots of discussion is about power and the 135i is the most powerful car (which makes it the ultimate).

Back in the real world however, a 135i would cost me approx £100/month more in finance, and then there is increased fuel cost and road tax. I could afford it, if I REALLY wanted it, but I couldn't really justify the cost to myself.

In the real world the 116i seems to have all the performance I need, because the roads where I live are quite congested, and I haven't found an inexpensive local race track. Although I find power and performance figures fascinating (maybe at least in part because I'm and Enginerr), in reality I just want a car that I enjoy driving and don't worry about justifying the cost.
Appreciate 0