01-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
And this is what matters to the decision makers most. All the enthusiasts who continue to vocalize how BMW has lost its way, how the F10, F30, and even the new G chassis cars are worse that their predecessors are fighting a losing battle because numbers like these tell BMW executives they must be doing something right. I will admit I feel BMW has taken a step back in the performance category on many levels, but the overall popularity of the brand is the growing in leaps and bounds.
Completely agree. Catering to the sports car/enthusiast market would not drive as much sales as they currently are. It's very unfortunate, but at the end of the day, the accountants, execs, finance, and marketing will take a look at their current product mix and think that enthusiast vehicles are not what the mass public want.

Apple is a good example as well. When I was younger (back in the colorful iMac days) they were niche/enthusiast products. Now, if you happen to step foot in a university/college lecture hall, you'll probably notice that 70%+ of the laptops are MacBooks.

Last edited by crono06; 01-09-2015 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0