No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
Yeah I believe BMWs are underrated in general.

FWIW, I ended up going with the Audi A3...
Hi Vervain,

The A3 seems like a really nice car. In fact this review rated it as better than the 1 series.

I'm assuming you are happy with it?

What attracted you?

I'm just curious as to what spec you went for in the end i.e. closer to 116i or 118i ha ha?
Hey. As you can see from my first post, I had this dilemma over a year ago, but ended up only buying the new A3 three months ago!

I got the 1.4 tfsi s-tronic. While it is slower than even the 116i, the s-tronic gearbox makes it feel must faster than it is. I love the gearbox.

What got me to buy the A3 over the 1 series was the overall quality feeling I got from the car in base form. The interior seems like it belongs in a much more expensive car, not only visually but in a tangible sense too. I didn't get that from the 1 series.

The exterior is also breathtaking (to me at least) as I really fell in love with the 2door coupe with the panoramic roof and xenons. I additionally got the dealer to paint the wheels gloss black and I bought the chrome tips for the exhaust, which all gives it a striking appearance on the road. I get compliments all the time.

I feel I got more car for the money than if I went with the 1 series. I'm really happy with the driving experience too. It's super economical and can really be fun when you push it.
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0