12-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #74
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I admittedly know absolutely nothing regarding hotels as I live within driving distance but Times Sq is just a tourist trap. It's loaded with hayseeds waiting on long lines to eat at the same Olive Garden they have at home. You also have the issue of scam artists 1) "yo yo yo do you like hip hop? What's your name? (writes it on a blank cd) You owe me $15! I already wrote your name on it!" 2) Elmo/Spider Man/etc. 3) Black Israelites screaming bible verses at you. That's just a taste.

Staying somewhere nearby like Bryant Park will allow you the same transit access (Times Sq and Grand Central) without so much of the hassle. There are a few hotels in the area that I walk by regularly but I don't know prices (Library hotel/Bryant Park Hotel/I think there's a Courtyard right next to my office as well which is likely more reasonable).

As far as restaurants go, I don't go out nearly as much as I used to but a few that come to mind are El Rio Grande (tex/mex, strongest Margs in town) and Los Feliz. The latter turns into a club at night but has a cool vibe regardless. Yelp should be a good indicator so keep it handy.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0