Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Uh oh...wait a second. You just posted earlier BMW doesn't publicly release sales forecast. Now all of sudden they do.

And yes that is the article. BMW forecast was 10,000 units. Then announced they were doubling production, which translates to 20,000 units.

So like I said some of those 20,000 units are now sitting on dealer lots collecting dust.

2 billion euros invested in i-vehicles, with less than 14k units sales. What a success.
Lolwut..

Even if you correlate a production increase to a FORECAST, rather than a DEMAND.. it was 43%... not doubling it.. so with your logic the FORECAST would only have gone up to 14300 units.... but since the article mentions nothing of BMW DOUBLING their FORECAST... you're probably just wrong.

You obviously don't like the i cars, but don't spew bull crap to try and make it seem like you know better than BMW, because you don't.

Blipit. Your " new math " is horrible.

The original forecast was 10k. That forecast never changed.

BMW announced an increased production to meet DEMAND. To date.. 13,849 were sold ...that is 3,849 more vehicles more than they ever intended ( forecast ) to sell.... and that figure will be higher after December.

4-5K more i3 sales than expected is a lot more profit than originally forecast ! Clearly that's a huge win for BMW.

Note that production increased to a 20K annual production. With the production changing mid year, there is no way that 20k units were actually made as the increase In production was mid year. If they simply scale back production to the original forecast, with the current DEMAND, any surplus of vehicles is not going be around long.

Agree with matski that you are clearly reaching and fabricating info.

As others have mentioned.. clearly the overall investment in tech for the I models was not for one vehicle... nor one model year.. and it's clear that they are already beginning to see a quicker rate of return on that investment than originally forecast..

If the i3 begins to track what happened with the X1..... watch out!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-11-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0