11-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #65
asus389
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 328i

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Germany hit 75% renewable electricity production this year... 4th largest nominal GDP in the world.

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/05/15/...er-use-sunday/

Also, as much as I love driving, I think many people in large cities who own cars may be better served using transit, taxis, ride sharing (uber, lyft, etc), short term rental (zipcar) – which could also be electric. So the question isn't really "street parking" vs electric cars. Its not needing a car vs electric cars.

For those people who live in houses and have their own garage, charge time is largely irrelevant past a certain point. You plug it in at night and in the AM its full. Arguably more convenient than going to a gas station, even if the gas station fill takes less time.

Plus, pretty much every garage at an office, apartment, or municipality *could* install fast chargers. Many of them have, actually.

Even so, the use case for electric cars won't make sense for everyone. But, you don't have to meet the needs of 100% of the market right out of the gate to have a successful business. Heck, look at Apple, they have sub 50% market share in all of their product lines and they are a 700Bn company.
Appreciate 0