i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
For me its not even really that it's not worth it in the sense that the food doesn't really cost that much. I simply do not enjoy the experience X times more than I would eating at a cheaper place. All of the "expensive" restaurants we have tried also happen to be fancy. I don't do well with fancy. I find the whole thing rather uncomfortable which is completely the opposite of what I want when I'm eating.

If given the choice of having to pay $200 regardless of if I choose a fancy steak house or a hole in the wall Mexican joint, I would still go for the Mexican place.

Also is it just me, but I find the filet to be one of my least favorite cuts of meat. I would much rather have a cheap skirt steak any day.
i always consider the ingredients and flavor when i eat out. if i'm eating something expensive, it has to taste hella good, and it has to be something hard for me to get or cook at home. i dont have to worry about dressing up because theres literally no dress codes in san francisco restaurants.

so for example, i eat out at a lot of expensive chinese restaurants where they can get live rare rockfish, live king crab, or live australian rock lobsters which are phenomenal btw.

or at a steak house, i'll try to go to a place that has japanese wagyu which i think is totally worth the price. theres a place in san francisco called la folie where you can get 4-5oz of miyazaki wagyu ribeye for a $75 supplement to their menu. that's a pretty good deal imo. filet is also one of my least favorite cuts too. if you like skirt, you should try ribeye cap.

i will admit that a lot of modern upscale restauarants dont put flavor as top priority especially ones that do more molecular gastronomy. i dont really understand why they would make a foam or jelly and call it essence of tomato. why cant they just use a freaking tomato?
Appreciate 0