06-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #297
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickk View Post
Thanks for the compliments. None of the pics are from the Netherlands indeed The Alpine ones are from the Grossglockner Alpinhochstrasse, a mountain pass between Italy and Austria. Fantastic experience. Part of a trip around the Alps, there's some more info and pics in http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showt...8#post14172478. Unfortunately just smartphone snaps as I left my camera in the first hotel

I'm happy with the M exhaust, but it mostly works on low revs so it's more for showing off in the car park than for anything else. It does that well though, I often get compliments in the car park What I personally like a lot is that it's a lot noisier at cold start which makes the car feel more special. It can also make nice pop or burble on downshifting.

In the midrange it still sounds dull though, compared to the Golf.
Thanks rickk. I think I shall have to upgrade to the m p exhaust then. Its still not available to purchase as yet in the uk. Time to start saving then!

Ps I can't remember the exhaust note on my mk6 gti being that fantastic tbo so not so worried about the mid range sound.