View Single Post
      05-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
rpagianotto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F22 m235i 8AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno28 View Post
Since noone has replied i will give it a shot.

I think we dont have launch mode. But there is an update on the US verion of the ZF transmission that said it would get Launch mode. But no one knows if its just an software update or a hardware yet.

You could be on something though, as no one has said anything yet.
When you rev it, do you floor it and the revs hold at 2500-3000, or so you manually keep it between that rpm?

Try making a video by doing your procedures and one video by just accelerating from a stand still without brake pressed.
I have to hold the revs manually. If I try to rev upwards of 3000rpm, the tyres will start spinning without the car actually moving forward. If you try to keep this up for too long, the car will electronically release the throttle!

Quote:
I am not 100% sure, it should be a programmed control in the EMC, perhaps they use a different fluid control modulator in the new ZF box, however I would be wary of the potential damage that could be caused to your box if you were to do the 'holding the brakes and revving up to 2500-3000 rpm' too often.
I'm positive that doing this too often will cause some damage, so I never do it more than once in a row. And so far I've done it say 5-6 times, so I think I'll be okay for now (could be wrong though).
Appreciate 0