KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
From the Pistonheads road test written by Harris

"Take the base three-door for £25,845, keep the cloth, the brilliant £525 Dynaudio hi-fi system and the dampers and leave it at that. Not once did I find myself exiting a second gear turn and wishing the car had a locking differential over the ESP-based cheat it offers as standard - maybe on a track I might, but who actually uses a new GTI as a regular track tool?"
Yes,but I read this:

"Now let's talk about the BMW M135i. I didn't have one to drive back-to-back with the Golf, but it does pose some very awkward questions for the VW. For starters, I think it makes the case for a fully-loaded £35K Golf with performance pack, leather and all the toys look very tenuous indeed. The Golf is a beautifully executed everyday package, but the BMW's performance is on another planet. So I think the Golf is actually at its best lower down the price
range because it needs to be nowhere near that pesky 1 Series."

And this is also worrying... He's testing a none Performance Golf and uses an M135i as benchmark, and once again, no single ref towards the 125i which is the obvious sibling to compare with!
Appreciate 0