We're coming to you live from the 2012 Paris motor show and our first car covered is the BMW M135i 3-door hatchback. This model had its world public debut at the 2012 AMI show
in May, but its showing here at the 2012 Paris motor show represents its biggest audience yet.
With this model, BMW's all-wheel drive system xDrive sees its premiere in the BMW 1 Series. This system, which distributes drive torque variably between the front and rear axle, is now available for the compact model for the first time.
Below are the the vitals on this newest model to the BMW M Performance Automobiles lineup. The F21 M135i will unfortunately not make it to North America.
Full M135i technical info and official thread
Vital Stats M135i
- First ever BMW M Performance automobile to feature a petrol engine
- BMW M135i with N55 3-litre, straight six-cylinder engine and 235 kW/320 hp
- 450Nm between 1,300 and 4,500 rpm
- 0-100kph in 5.1 seconds (4.9 with automatic)
- M-characteristic suspension components and aerodynamically optimised body features
Highest level of performance and the most outstanding efficiency within the competitive environment
- BMW M135i also available as a five-door version.
- Also available: M135i xDrive
- M135i won't be available in the US