I have no problems with the 3 things you are not impressed with. I don't have servotronic, I see the instrument panel just fine, and the interior light is fine.
There are however some other details I don't like:
- Sliding armrest. What is the point of this? Sometimes I want to readjust in the seat with my weight on my elbow when it slides forward. Annoying. It is also in the way when I want to steer with the seat in a low position. Need to fold it up for advanced driving.
- Blinker stalk. When I want to indicate left and then right, I have to "double click" right. The old stalks were a lot better.
- Engine braking. When going downhill, I need very high RPM to get sufficient engine braking, due to small engine with low friction.
- Turbo lag. When driving autoX, there is some lag before the engine power kicks back in after braking.
- Lack of engine temperature gauge in the instrument panel.
Otherwise I am very impressed with the 116i!