iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicUK
... and got round to uploading some pictures after the 2nd epic detail on an estoril blue f20 in as many weeks.

I wont go through the whole detailing process again as the steps and work involved are the same as my brothers 125d which i posted about a couple of weeks ago.

I ordered the car about 2 months ago in mid-February, and have been counting down the days to its delivery ever since. Finally, last Friday, i picked her up!...

The car has the following spec -

BMW F20 125i M-Sport (2 litre turbo petrol), Manual
Estoril Blue
Anthracite Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery
Driver comfort package (Servotronic Steering, Rear Park Distance Control, Cruise control with brake function)
Interior comfort package (Extended storage, Extended Interior Light Package)
Visibility package (Headlight wash, Rain sensor with auto headlight activation, Xenon headlights, High-beam Assistant, Auto dimming rear-view mirror)
Sun protection package (Windscreen with grey shade band, Sun protection glass)
Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
Through-loading system
Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi
Telephone USB audio interface
iPhone 4 Cradle
Enhanced Bluetooth functionality with USB audio interface
Black panel display
M Sport suspension
Model designation deletion

I've only managed 220 miles since receiving the car, and its very bloody impressive! Most of the miles were on my motorway journey in the pissing rain back from Shropshire to Buckinghamshire, and some additional quick A-road and round-town driving over the last couple of days. The car just feels so comfortable, but yet completely planted and effortless even given the heavy rain and standing water.

The only downside i've seen so far is the fuel economy, which even sat at 75-80mph on the motorway only returned ~32mpg average with v-power in the tank... hopefully this will improve!

The 125i and my brothers 125d...
I have the same car (except in 116i 6mt) coming end of may, and I just ordered £75 of gtechniq product because of you- I don't know wether to thank you or shout at you! Haha- I've never done polishing with a machine before, and don't plan on starting with my new baby.... So planning to skip the polish stage

I got:
G-Wash (250ml)
C5 Wheel Armour (15ml)
C6 Matte Dash (100ml)
G1 ClearVision (15ml)
G4 ClearVision (100ml)
MF1 Micro-fibre towels (x10)
MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel

I already have:
AutoGlym high Definition Wax
Tuf Shine Tire Dressing Kit

Still missing from my detail:
Wash mitt
Clay bar / lube
70% IPA + spray bottle
A large undercover place to detail.... Any suggestions?

Any thoughts on my detailing line up? Would love to have some advice from you!

Last edited by iBeech; 04-30-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0