View Single Post
      02-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
Enlisted Member

Drives: Bmw F20 1 series 116D Sport

Originally Posted by tomgoorts
Originally Posted by Bmwfourlife View Post

Took delivery of my 116D sport at the end of Nov 11 and after two weeks the parking sensors stopped functioning.

Instead I was met with an awful alarming noise with the I drive display showing all areas shaded in relation to vehicle distance.*

Took it to BMW and they fixed it the same day with the reason for malfunction as "faulty transmitter".

This has been replaced by BMW under the warranty.*

Sensors work perfectly now.

Other than this, really like the car.

The only other thing I have noticed is that when listening to music through the usb stick sometimes the system gets stuck and does not let me change the track via the Idrive.*

I have to change modes and go back in and then I am able to change again. This is after the usb has been read and ready to use.*

Actually also I have been advised that the sound quality via the bluetooth hands free is distorted, not sure if this is to do with my i phone 4s that I am using!! :-/

I had the same problem with the usb.
The solution was update to the last software, and replace the head unit for a new one...
The problem was in the 'go to sleep' mode of the car.

Further i've got 1 other problem, and that's the reaction speed of the rain sensor, it's terrible slow!

Thank you for your feedback as this sounds like it makes sense as its mainly a problem when ive start the vehicle and start using it.

However, how do I go about upgrading the software and changing the unit? Is this something that bmw will take ownership of?